A New Flavor in the Desert
1. I think my goal is to be an MVP of the league. I am the top cornerback in the game, and now that Bruce Arians is giving me the opportunity to play offense and special teams, I'll have the best opportunity to capture that goal and dream of mine.
2. I think my second favorite sport is golf. My best score is a 78. I've been telling my wife I want to be a pro golfer after football, but who knows where life will take me. My agent left a set of clubs at my condo when I was living down in Miami before my rookie season two years ago. I went out and swung the clubs a little bit and the bug bit me.
3. I think I should be rated higher in Madden. I’m a 90 right now. I should be rated at least a 96. I think my speed is a 98, so they got that right. I’m thrilled that I get to see myself in the game without having to create myself like I did in college. It’s almost like a dream come true.
4. I think I owe a lot to my position coaches at LSU: Corey Raymond was a secondary assistant coach, and he always got on me about technique and how to be a professional. The other coach was Grady Brown. He thought top-notch guys should carry themselves as top-notch guys.
5. I think the best album of the big summer releases was J. Cole’s Born Sinner. It’s tough, but I have to go with the new guy. I thought he was rockin’, I thought he came with it this time around. He took a different angle with the singing, going deep into his raps, making you really feel what he was talking about.
6. I think I am extremely happy about playing offense for the first time since high school. I got in Coach Les Miles's ear a couple times about it at LSU, but he has his own way of doing things. Lord bless his heart. Now I have to make the best of the opportunity.
7. I think the best thing about living in Phoenix is the weather that permits me to golf every day, especially in the offseason. Coming from Florida, where the weather is unpredictable, I love living in a place where it doesn’t rain.
8. I think being drafted far away from my family gave me an opportunity to grow and find myself. My wife and I were newlyweds, and it gave us an opportunity to branch out and get to know each other better.
9. I think Bruce Arians is a down-to-earth players' coach. He’s a guy who loves to get opinions from his players, his captains, his leaders. I think he's a straightforward guy. He doesn’t think second place is an option. He’s brought a winning flavor down to the desert. Having a guy who’s been in multiple Super Bowls is something that can definitely get us over the hump.
10. I think Ray Horton should be a head coach one day. I don’t know what it is about those Pittsburgh Steelers guys coming from the Bill Cowher era, but he's another guy who has his game plans well organized. He's a football brainiac. He's a guy I wouldn’t mind leading my team. He’s qualified. Will he ever get a job? I don’t know, but I hope so.