Green Bay Gear Guide
Love Lambeau? Here’s how to dress your Sunday best—and stay warm—while rooting on the Packers. Plus a look at fun apparel for Cheeseheads
The MMQB got a Packers history lesson while traveling along the Packers Heritage Trail through the heart of Green Bay, WI. For more information about the tour, visit PackersHeritageTrail.com.
It’s #GreenBayWeek here at The MMQB, so this week’s Football Lifestyle column will be all about the Packers. I set out on two missions: to find some of the best Green Bay gear around and piece together a look for game day at Lambeau. Let’s get to it...
It would be easy for an unaffiliated fan to pick the Packers as his team to root for on Sundays. The franchise is steeped in history and tradition, and its green-and-gold color scheme, as well as its iconic logos, offer some of the best gear around. In honor of Green Bay’s 13 NFL titles, here are 13 selections for Packer fans to show off their fandom:
1. Riddell VSR4 Mini Football Helmet ($29) || 2. Brett Favre Caricature T-Shirt ($39) || 3. Titletown Custom Mini Football ($5) || 4. Sconnie Owner T-Shirt ($19) || 5. Bleacher Creatures Aaron Rodgers ($19) || 6. New Era Women’s Snow Crown Cuff Knit ($17) || 7. Lambeau Field Wooden Bench Bottle Opener ($95) || 8. Nike Alternate Sideline Sweatshirt ($74) || 9. Nike Train Speed 4 AMP Shoes ($110) || 10. TownieMade Green Bay T-Shirt ($24) || 11. Framed Authentic 36x48 Canvas Super Bowl 1 Program ($299) || 12. Cheesehead Can Cozy ($8) || 13. Nike Women’s Tailgate Element Half-Zip Jacket ($74)
A few thoughts on the above:
• I would consider moving to Green Bay and buying a share just to have the Owner shirt. My wife probably has other ideas.
• Yes, that’s a cheesehead koozie. The sheer number of yellow foam products when you click the link is astounding.
• The cold bitterness between Packers fans and No. 4 has thawed, so you’re safe to own the Brett Favre caricature tee.
• How can you not love the cheese-colored football, from Green Bay brewery Titletown.
Game Day Gear
Told I was writing about Green Bay gear and what fans should wear to a game at Lambeau Field, a buddy joked, “Don’t Packers fans just wear TWO pairs of black jeans and a blaze orange parka when temperatures dip?” He’s a bitter Bears fan, so let’s pay him no mind.
The truth is, it’s all about the layers at Lambeau. (And yes, I live in Southern California now, but I did nine years hard winter time in the Northeast and Midwest, so I am properly accredited to dole out cold clothing advice.) Here’s a look at what I came up with:
1. Prana Bronson Lined Pant ($99) || 2. Woolrich Packer Boot (from $189) || 3. Edgevale North Coast Shirt (from $138) || 4. Under Armour ColdGear Fleece Gloves ($34) || 5. Mitchell & Ness Margin of Victory Vest ($109) || 6. Bombas Merino Wool Socks ($18) || 7. Stanley 8 oz. Flask ($28) || 8. Nike Pro Hyperwarm Fitted Top ($65) || 9. Aksels Cheesehead Beanie ($20) || 10. Under Armour NFL Combine HeatGear Leggings ($59)
• You don’t want any part of wet feet—Sunday calls for snow, for example—so make sure your shoes are waterproof. Bonus here: These Woolrich boots are called the “Packer” so how can you wear anything else?
• The signature piece of this ensemble is the vest, which pulls triple duty: it will keep your core warm, allow for unrestricted movement and look awesome with that old-school logo and helmet-stripe collar.
• And finally, good local knowledge here from reader Kyle C. of Green Bay: “Ditch the metal flask and go with a plastic one. It will set off the metal detectors.” And keep the liquor company in your pocket with a couple handwarmers.
The MMQB Football Lifestyle column is a curated list of links to what’s catching Dom’s eye off the field. The MMQB has affiliate deals with some of the brands featured and receives commission on certain purchases. Have an item for consideration? Share it.