Can McVay Save Goff? Coach Carousel Roundup, Falcons Pass Rush vs. Brady
Plus, curious hires for the Bills and Chargers, and listener mail including questions on the QB searches in San Francisco and Cleveland
Our new Thursday show, The 10 Things: NFL Look Ahead Podcast, previewing the weekend’s games and much more. We’ll be back in your feed with our regular episodes on Monday. Subscribe to The MMQB: 10 Things Podcast and it will be waiting in your feed first thing Monday morning. (For non-subscribers, there is sometimes a lag.)
If you missed Monday’s show, breaking down divisional round weekend, it’s right here! As for this week’s Look Ahead...
Also, apologies for the sound quality; for the second straight show, Andy recorded from the bottom of a well. (Or Mobile, Alabama.)
As always, Andy and I are very available through social media channels. Send us a question, and we might answer it in a future mailbag:
Thanks for listening, you are the best, and please leave a review on iTunes if you like the show!
This week’s Look Ahead show:
• Can Sean McVay save Jared Goff? Plus, Wade Phillips’ impact with a talented D — 1:46
• Anthony Lynn keeps Ken Whisenhunt, but Gus Bradley running the D is the really interesting move for the Chargers — 9:12
• Sean McDermott and OC Rick Dennison bring wildly different philosophies to Buffalo, the franchise that will never admit it needs a rebuild — 14:35
• Vance Joseph to Denver, bringing Mike McCoy and Bill Musgrave to rebuild the offense — 26:03
• Doug Marrone and OC Nathaniel Hackett stay on in Jacksonville to try to rebuild Blake Bortles — 30:07
• The Mailbag: Can Falcons generate pressure on Tom Brady? Why do the Colts insist on using power running and deep drops considering their shaky O-line? Why do teams line up with fullbacks out wide? What would Kyle Shanahan be looking for in the 49ers’ next QB? Any update on the Browns’ QB search? — 33:49