The Best Free Agents Available on Offense
What does Washington do with Kirk Cousins? How badly do the Patriots need to keep Martellus Bennett? How ’bout Alshon Jeffery? And the Bengals’ O-line? We break down the top free agents on the offensive side of the ball
The madness of free agency will soon be here. I, for one, think we should embrace it. And with that in mind, the first in our series of shows on free agency, a position-by-position breakdown of the talent hitting the market on the offensive side of the ball.
Subscribe to The MMQB: 10 Things Podcast and it will be waiting in your feed first thing Monday morning. (For non-subscribers, there is sometimes a lag.) The offense free agency show will be available soon...
Andy and I rank first and second in the world in terms of socialest media, so come say hi and send a question or two. The mailbag will be on Mondays throughout the offseason, and as always we’ll answer as many questions as humanly possible:
Thanks for listening, you are the best, and please leave a review on iTunes if you like the show!
This week’s show (note: That Branden Albert for Julius Thomas trade that kinda happened but now maybe didn’t happen all went down after we recorded; we’ll address it on next week’s show):
• Quarterbacks: What should Washington do with Kirk Cousins? (And should San Francisco chase him?) Is anyone else out there starter-worthy? — 2:46
• Tight Ends: How much do the Patriots need Martellus Bennett back? Why the Packers need to keep Jared Cook, and the underrated Ryan Griffin. — 11:08
• Offensive Tackles: Rick Wagner can be had; Should Detroit panic to keep Riley Reiff? Andrew Whitworth’s still-immense value, and figuring out who’s still a starter out of some big names (Beachum, Clady, Halil, Beatty, Andre Smith and more) — 22:41
• Interior O-Line: Can Cincinnati really afford to lose Kevin Zeitler? How big a pay day is T.J. Lang in for? — 31:34
• Running Backs: Le’Veon Bell is not going anywhere; Potentially underwhelming markets for Latavius Murray, Eddie Lacy and LeGarrette Blount; Why a David Johnson back-up might be the best value in this free-agent class — 44:58
• Fullbacks: Can Patrick DiMarco be replaced in Atlanta? How ‘bout James Develin in New England? — 51:46
• Wide Receivers: The rare talent of Alshon Jeffery; Terrelle Pryor’s value; Does DeSean Jackson sill have it? Michael Floyd is a turd; Kenny Britt and Robert Woods — 55:09
• Mailbag: Should the Vikings retain Adrian Peterson? What is the Bengals’ biggest problem? If the Falcons’ defense was so fatigued in Super Bowl 51, why wasn’t the Patriots’ offense? — 1:04:32
• Andy’s madcap review of two tracks off Guns N’ Roses’ Appetite for Destruction — 1:08:53